Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    Is this done as a random audit? This is not the first time. Am I guilty of a previous transgression that I am not aware of? How does a moderator decide what to intercept? I would be pleased to know how the system works. This is not a bitch but a request for information.

    Regards, Marshall.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    I have had it done as well for the first time the other day while posting a link in the music thread.


    -chris

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    What are you guys talking about?
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    I am thinking that mah is talking about when you post it states that the reply will be reviewed by the moderator. It seems like a generic message.

    Like I said I have only gotten it once, when I linked to a youtube video, maybe the file was large or something and the system needs permissions or something.


    It wasn't a big deal, my message was posted.

    I am sure if I read the disclaimers/rules for the entire hostboard site, there is something that discusses links or bandwidth issues. No biggie though....

    Later,


    -chris

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    Yeah, I've gotten it also and queried the HELP DESK early on, but as you can see there has yet to be a response: problem with adding links - Hostboard - Help Desk

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member dbale's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2007
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    In this thread I added an ebay link, but it wouldn't allow me to embed it into a word, etc. as we could do with the previous software
    I highlighted the word "Link" first.Then inserted the URL

    Link

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    The answer is probably to be found in the rules or instructions but I can't find them. Some of us are Luddites when it comes to computers.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbale View Post
    I highlighted the word "Link" first.Then inserted the URL

    Link
    I figured it out and posted the 'how to' in whatever thread I was referring to at the time. My point in referencing it here was more about the 'moderator' response and lack of HELP DESK 'help', but in retrospect I can see that it was a poor example and more a 'how to' plea, so thanks!

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Post intercepted by Moderator for approval.

    Help desk/Schmelp desk... we get what we pay for.

    I just searched the knowledge base for the 'moderator approval' thing to no avail. I've never experienced it, but it sounds like some kind of censor function bug. Compared to many of the other forums on HB, we're a bunch of Mother Theresas, so it makes little sense.

    One possibility, when posting YouTube media, instead of displaying the URL, the media content is displayed, so if the media caption contains something that trips the censor...

    I did find a section I'd not noticed before on linking and embedding media. It seems to be a less-than-universal function, and limited to around 160 specific functions/sites. See "Posting Videos (Auto Media Embedding)" in the KB.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.